There are 7 important steps to mulching your garden:
- Use the spade/edger to lay out the pattern of your project.
- Measure width and length that will be covered with mulch.
- Spray area with weed killer.
- Spread landscape fabric anchor in place or spread weed prevent down across area to be mulched.
- Work fabric around trees, plants and flowers, cutting as needed.
- Lather mulch approximately 3 inches deep evenly across the garden area.
- Use gloves on colored mulch to prevent staining of your hands!
Know before you go! Download our full materials checklist: