Smoked Peppered Beef Tenderloin
- 1 beef tenderloin roast, trimmed (2 to 2.5lbs)
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, mashed into a paste
- 2tbsp bourbon or strong cold coffee
- kosher salt
- coarse ground black and green peppercorns
- Lay the tenderloin on a large piece of plastic wrap.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, garlic, and bourbon. Slather the mixture evenly all over the tenderloin. Wrap in the plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Unwrap the plastic wrap and generously season the tenderloin on all sides with salt and coarsely ground pepper.
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 180℉ and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes. For optimal flavor, use Super Smoke, if available.
- Insert a leave-in meat thermometer into the thickest part of the tenderloin. Place the tenderloin directly on the grill grates, close the lid, and smoke for 60 minutes.
- Remove the tenderloin from the grill. Increase the grill temperature to 400℉.
- Once the grill is hot, place the tenderloin back on the grill, close the lid, and roast until the internal temperature reaches 130℉, 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the tenderloin. Do not overcook.
- Remove the tenderloin from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!