Give your lawn the nutrition to grow with Scotts®. From our famous Turf Builder® Lawn Food with weed control to seasonal fertilizers, we have the lawn care products you need to keep your grass green and healthy all year long.
Shop Online or check the inventory at my Great Lakes Ace Hardware Store
Scott® 4-Step Annual Program
It's easy for you to have a better lawn with the Scotts® 4 Step™ Program – Begin the Annual Program anytime of the year, just check the month and select the appropriate Step listed, and then apply the remaining steps in two-month intervals.
- Early Spring: Use Scotts® Step® 1 Crabgrass Preventer Plus Lawn Food for a fast green-up after winter; it also controls crabgrass for up to 4 months
- Late Spring: Scotts® Step® 2 Weed Control Plus Lawn Food2 builds thick, green turf from the roots up, and it kills dandelion and clover
- Any Season: Scotts® Step® 3 Lawn Food with 2% Iron can be applied for a great green-up, and it strengthens the lawn against heat and drought
- Fall: Using Scotts® Step® 4 Fall Lawn Food is a great way to strengthen your lawn before the winds of winter cut across it, and it helps your lawn build stronger roots for the winter
Scotts® Turf Builder® Halts Crabgrass Preventer
Get your lawn off to a great start with an early spring feeding! Use Scotts® Turf Builder® Halts® Crabgrass Preventer with Lawn Food to keep your lawn protected from crabgrass all season long.
- Not for use on dichondra or bentgrass lawns
- Stops crabgrass before it invades and protects all season
- Feeds for a fast green-up after winter
- Rain, snow or freezing conditions won't affect product performance
- For best results lawn should receive 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water from rainfall or watering within 2-3 days after application
Scotts® Turf Builder® Lawn Food
Are you looking to build a thick, green lawn, use Scotts® Turf builder® Lawn Food formulated with the all-in-one particle to provide an even greening and feeding. Using Scotts® Turf Builder® Lawn Food thickens your grass to crowd out new weeds. It also feeds and strengthens your lawn to help protect it against future problems.
- Improves lawn's ability to absorb water and nutrients versus an unfed lawn
- Feeds and strengthens to help protect against future problems
- Builds strong, deep roots
Scotts® Turf Builder® Weed & FeedScotts® Turf Builder® Weed & Feed with WeedGrip Technology, grips the weeds you see and the ones you don't for up to 2X more powerful dandelion and clover control (versus previous formulation), all while feeding and thickening your lawn to crowd out weeds.
- Patented formula kills weeds that ordinary weed-and-feeds miss
- Does not burn lawns
- Scotts most powerful weed and feed
- Feeds grass to crowd out future weeds
Scotts® Turf Builder® THICK'R Lawn™
Scotts® Turf Builder® THICK'R Lawn™ Sun and Shade has everything you need to help turn weak, thin grass into a thick, green lawn. With this 3-in-1 solution get up to a 50% thicker lawn with just one application.
- 3-in-1 solution for thin lawns
- Get up to a 50% thicker lawn with just one application
- Helps turn weak, thin grass into a thick green lawn
- Includes seed, fertilizer, and soil improver for thicker, greener turf
- One easy application with a spreader
Scotts® EZ Seed Patch & RepairScotts® EZ seed patch and repair is a revolutionary seeding mix that guarantees seeding success. The unique combination of Scotts® high performance seed, premium continuous release lawn food and Scotts super-absorbent growing material, make it possible for grass to grow anywhere.
- Grows anywhere, guaranteed!
- Reduces seed wash-away, so EZ Seed® even grows on slopes
- For sunny, densely shaded or high traffic areas
- Absorbs 6X its weight in water
- Combination seed, mulch and fertilizer
- Available in 3.75-Lb. jug or 10-Lb. Bag
Scott® Turf Builder® Lawn Soil
Grow grass up to 50% thicker than native soil—guaranteed—with Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™. This product has been identified as a Water Smart™ product, indicating that it contains a mixture of ingredients that improve moisture retention. Using Scotts will provide better germination than native soil
- Contains Scotts® Starter® Brand Fertilizer to provide essential nutrients for early grass development and a strong root system
- Great for all seeding, sod, patching and plug projects
- Contains a a blend of rich, composted materials and sphagnum peat moss to create an excellent seed-growing environment
- For optimal results, use with Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed
Scotts® Nature Scapes Color-Enhanced MulchChoose a mulch that instantly adds beauty and takes care of your landscape. Scotts Nature Scapes Color Enhanced Mulch is protected by ColorGuard Technology, so you will have year-long color!
- More color added to make this Scotts best mulch
- Keep mulch several inches from tree trunks and house foundations or other wood structures
- Helps conserve soil moisture and moderate soil temperature
- Never uses construction debris or pallet wood that may contain nails or harmful chemicals
- Apply around trees, shrubs, flowers or vegetables after seeds have germinated and plants have developed
Scotts® Foundation Soil ImproverStrong soil is the foundation for a great lawn. Use Scotts® Foundation Soil Improver to help strengthen and improve your soil to give your lawn a solid base. Scotts Soil Foundation Soil Improver contains natural ingredients that can help reduce soil compaction, boost water and retention, as well as support improved soil quality.
- Naturally works to reduce soil compaction, boost water and nutrient retention, and support microbial activity.
- Scotts® Foundation Soil Improver can be used in your lawn on all grass types and in gardens
- Contains natural ingredients to strengthen your lawn's soil.
- Apply in spring to improve soil before the growing season.
- Apply in fall to improve soil conditions for overseeding and aeration.
Scott® Wizz Handheld Spreader
Scotts Wizz is the hand held spreader you use all year-round. It’s small and lightweight for easy handling and storage, but over twice as large as any other hand held spreader, allowing you to spread an entire 2,500 square feet lawn with no refill needed. The simple power trigger ensures accuracy and consistency when treating your lawn.
- Year-round spreader - Feed, Seed, Weed, Melt
- Battery-powered 5 ft. broadcast spreader
- Features Scotts exclusive EdgeGuard and HandyLock Technologies
- Covers 2,500 sq. ft.
Scotts® EdgeGuard Mini Push SpreadThe turf builder edge guard mini broadcast spreader has Scotts exclusive edge guard technology. The edge guard feature allows you to easily keep fertilizer off landscaping, driveways, sidewalks and out of waterways. Less waste, less clean up and better for the environment.
- With Scotts exclusive edge guard technology
- Holds up to 5000 square feet of Scotts lawns products
- Control panel with precision rate settings for more accurate coverage
- Delivered ready to use - no assembly required and pre-calibrated
Featured Product – Scotts® Foundation Soil Improver
Strong soil is the foundation for a great lawn. Use Scotts® Foundation Soil Improver to help strengthen and improve your soil to give your lawn a solid base. Scotts Soil Foundation Soil Improver contains natural ingredients that can help reduce soil compaction, boost water and retention, as well as support improved soil quality.