Rustoleum Metal Fire Pite Refresh
Keep warm while entertaining family and friends with this Rustoleum® High Heat fire pit project.
Tools & Supplies
- 2X Ultra Cover Primer Spray
- All-purpose cleaner/degreaser
- Sandpaper or wire brush
- Drop cloth
- Painter's Tape
- Set up a spray area by covering the work area with a drop cloth. Make sure it is a well-ventilated area.
- Prep surface by sanding any rough areas. If there are areas with flaking rust, use a wire brush to remove it.
Thoroughly clean the fire pit with an all-purpose cleaner/degreaser. Rinse with water and allow to dry.
Tape off any surfaces that you do not want to paint.
Holding the can of Rustoleum High Heat - Copper 6-8 inches from the surface, begin painting using a sweeping side-to-side motion with a slight overlap.
Allow the paint to dry for 30-60 seconds.
Continue to apply light, multiple coats, waiting 30-60 seconds between each, until you are satisfied with the appearance
- NOTE: Do not apply paint to the inside of the fire pit where the surface is exposed to open flam
Rustoleum High Heat dries to the touch in 10 minutes and can be handled in about one hour.
- Allow drying overnight before using.
For more seasonal tips and tricks, fun DIY's and so much more check out our Helpful Tips!