Traeger Chicken Thigh Sliders
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Traeger Liquid Gold BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- 1/2 Tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 Cup finely shredded purple cabbage
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Hawaiian slider buns
- Pickle slices
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 375°F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Make the liquid gold special sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Liquid Gold BBQ Sauce, ketchup, sugar, and vinegar.
- Make the sliders: In a medium bowl, toss half of the special sauce with the cabbage until well coated. Reserve the remaining sauce for assembling the sliders.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and trim any excess fat if needed. Brush the chicken thighs lightly on both sides with the oil and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Insert the probe horizontally into the center of the thickest chicken thigh. Place the chicken thighs directly on the lowest grill grate. Close the lid and cook until the internal temperature reaches 110°F, 10-12 minutes. Flip and brush with Traeger Liquid Gold BBQ Sauce. Close the lid and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 155°F, the thighs are starting to brown, and the sauce has set, 8-10 minutes more. Flip and brush again with Traeger Liquid Gold BBQ Sauce. Close the lid and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 3-5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the grill.
- To assemble the sliders, slather 1 tablespoon of the liquid gold special sauce on each side of the slider buns. Stack a chicken thigh, some of the cabbage slaw, and a few pickles on each bottom bun, then finish with the top buns. Enjoy!