Smoke Roasted Apple Pie
- 8 cup apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 whole frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 2 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Combine the apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Roll the pie crust dough into two 11” circles. Fit one circle into a 9” pie plate (try not to stretch the dough), preferably glass. Brush with the apple jelly. Add the apple mixture.
- Dampen the crust's edge with apple juice. Cover with the top crust, pressing the edges together to seal. Trim the pastry, and flute the edges if desired. Make several small slits in the top crust with a paring knife. Lightly brush the top of the pie with the cream.
- When ready to cook, set temperature to High and preheat for 15 minutes. Bake the pie for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy! *Cook times will vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.