Halloween Hot Dog Mummies
8 HOT DOG MUMMIES
Halloween hot dog mummies with edible eyes and crescent roll wrappings are a great way to get kids involved in preparing a Halloween party. Use store-bought ingredients to ensure that the process is all fun and no fuss.
- Ooni pizza oven
- Ooni Infrared Thermometer
- Ooni Gloves
- baking sheet
- Silpat or parchment paper
- 1 can crescent roll dough (or 1 package puff pastry)
- 8 hot dogs (or pre-cooked sausages)
- 16 edible googly eyes
- Preheat your oven to 550°F (290°C). Open your crescent roll dough and cut or tear into ¼-inch thick strips lengthwise.
- Wrap strips around hot dogs, mimicking the cloth bandages on a mummy. The more irregular, the better!
Tip: Each hot dog uses the dough from about one crescent roll. Use the perforations as a guide.
- Place wrapped hot dogs on a lined baking sheet — Ooni uses a nonstick Silpat baking mat, but parchment paper also works well — and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn once for an even bake.
Tip: This recipe cooks 4 hot dogs at a time, but you could possibly cook more than that, depending on the size of your baking sheet. Just make sure your hot dogs aren’t touching or the crescent roll dough won’t get crispy.
- Remove from the oven using a pizza peel and/or heat-resistant gloves. Once slightly cool, top with edible googly eyes.
- Serve along with your favorite dipping sauces! We love the classics and serve with ketchup and mustard.