Grilled Lobster Tails
- Big Green Egg Kitchen Shears
- Big Green Egg Cast Iron Pot with Basting Brush
- 4 – 8 ounce cold water lobster tails
- Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb Seasoning to taste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Coarse salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp chopped parsley
- ½ tsp chopped dill
- 1 lemon, cut into fourths
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- Set EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 400ºF.
- Using kitchen shears, carefully cut down the center of the shell lengthwise, starting from the opposite end of the tail fins. Be careful not to cut through the bottom shell. Continue to cut until you reach the tail but don’t cut through the tail.
- Using your fingers, spread open the shell and lightly press down to flatten the tail. Carefully run your fingers around the tail meat and lift it on top of the shell without removing it completely. Season tails on both sides with the Big Green Egg Citrus & Herb Seasoning.
- Add butter to the Big Green Egg Cast Iron Pot and combine salt and pepper to taste along with the parsley and dill, a few squeezes of both lime and lemon juice, and smoked paprika. Place the pot on the EGG for about 30 seconds to soften. Spoon butter mixture over both sides of the tails.
- Carefully place each lobster tail, meat side down, on the grates, and close the dome. Let cook undisturbed for 5-7 minutes. Turn tails over, drizzle more butter sauce over tails and cook for another 4-7 minutes until opaque and sizzling. Be careful not to overcook. Remove the tails from the heat at an internal temperature of about 135-140°F.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sides.