Our Grilled Chicken Parm, with aromatic applewood smoke flavor, is smothered with marinara and melted mozzarella cheese. Lighter than the classic Italian dish, not breaded or deep fried, it’s seared and smoked for an easy weeknight meal. Mangia.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken rub
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4-6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- basil for garnish
- Fill the hopper with wood pellets. Preheat pellet grill to 450°F in SEAR mode.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and apply your favorite chicken rub or seasoning.
- Grill the chicken breast over direct heat about 5 minutes per side to get a good sear.
- Remove chicken from the grill and place on a sheet pan.
- Cover chicken breasts with marinara, mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
- Slide the selector to SMOKE mode.
- Place the sheet pan on the grates and cook over indirect heat until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the grill, garnish with fresh basil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a side of pasta or on a sub roll with Smoked French Fries.