Grilled Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into rounds
- Kosher salt
- 1tsp freshly ground black pepper
- (1 1/2 lb) New York strip steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- Traeger Beef Rub
- 1tbsp Canola oil
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- When ready to cook, place a flat cast iron griddle or large skillet on one side of the grill grates. Set the Traeger temperature to 450°F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Season the bell peppers and onion liberally with salt and black pepper. Season the steak slices with Traeger Beef Rub.
- Add the canola oil to the hot cast iron griddle, then add the onion and season with more salt. Close the lid and sauté the onion, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook until softened, about 10 minutes more.
- While the peppers and onions are cooking, place the seasoned steak strips directly on the grill grates next to the skillet. Close the lid and cook for 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Place the hoagie rolls, cut-side down, on the top grill grate to toast.
- Transfer the steak to the griddle in 4 piles. Distribute the peppers and onion evenly over the steak, then top each pile with a slice of Provolone. Close the lid to melt the cheese, about 2 minutes.
- Using two spatulas, transfer each pile to a toasted bun. Serve hot. Enjoy!