Flat Top Garlic-Butter Steak Bites
- 3lbs. thick-cut ribeye steaks, or other tender beefy steak, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4oz. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- Pat the steak pieces dry with a paper towel. Toss with the salt and pepper to season on all sides.
- Preheat 1 zone of the cooktop on medium-high for 10 minutes and another zone on low.
- Put the butter in a saucepan just large enough to hold the steak. Place the saucepan on the low zone. When the butter melts, add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally. If it starts to color, take if off the heat.
- Meanwhile, drizzle or squirt the canola oil over the other hotter zone and spread with a spatula to coat the surface. Add the steak in a single layer and cook undisturbed, until nicely browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes. Continue cooking, tossing occasionally, until brown on all sides, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked steak to the saucepan with the garlic butter and toss to coat. Add the parsley, toss, then transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!