BGE Smoked Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned
- 4-6 buns
- 1 package of ready-made coleslaw
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Kosher salt
- Big Green Egg Sweet and Smoky Seasoning
- Big Green Egg Bold & Tangy Carolina Barbecue Sauce
- Dill pickle slices
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with a convEGGtor at 250°F/121°C with Big Green Egg Apple Smoking Chunks.
- For the coleslaw, combine the ready-made coleslaw with vinegar, salt and black pepper to taste, and sugar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Season the outside of the chicken liberally with the Big Green Egg Sweet & Smoky Seasoning. Place the chicken on the EGG and smoke for 2 to 3 hours. Remove the chicken from the EGG when the internal temperature reaches 165⁰F and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Separate chicken from bone and shred it into equal size pieces.
- To build the sandwich, layer pulled chicken on the bun and top with coleslaw, slices of dill pickle, and drizzle with the Big Green Egg Bold & Tangy Carolina Barbecue Sauce. Serve with your favorite side. Enjoy!