Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pizza
One 12”/16” Pizza
This fully loaded take on a bacon double cheeseburger has all the good stuff – bacon, minced meat, burger sauce, two types of cheese, and a classic Neapolitan-style pizza base. Mamma mia!
- 8.8/11.6oz (250/330g) classic pizza dough
- 5 tablespoons (90ml) pizza sauce (see note below)
- 3.5oz (100g) minced beef
- 1.5oz (50g) mozzarella, torn
- 1.5oz (50g) American-style cheddar, in thin, small slices
- 2 rashers smoked bacon
- 1 dill pickle, sliced into rounds
- 3 lettuce leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) olive oil
- 4 tablespoons (80ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) ketchup
- 2 teaspoons (10g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon (20ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 1 teaspoon (20ml) Dijon mustard
Prepare your pizza dough ahead of time. Our guide to making the perfect Classic Pizza Dough covers everything you need to know.
For the sauce for this pizza, we recommend preparing our easy Classic Pizza Sauce.
Once your dough and sauce are ready, fire up your pizza oven and aim for approximately 950˚F (500˚C) on the stone baking board inside. You can check the temperature inside your Ooni quickly and easily using the Infrared Thermometer.
Add the olive oil to an cast iron pan. Place the pan in the oven to warm up, then remove from the oven and add the bacon rashers. Return to the oven and cook until the bacon has turned crisp.
Pull the pan out of the oven, remove the bacon and chop into small pieces. Set the bacon aside. Add the minced beef and return to the oven, cooking until nicely browned. Set the minced beef aside.
Alternatively, use a pan and your stovetop to cook the bacon and the minced meat.
Stretch the pizza dough ball out to 12”/16” and lay it out on your pizza peel. Using a large spoon or ladle, spread the sauce evenly across the pizza dough base. Add the mozzarella and cheddar, then layer over the minced beef, bacon and pickle.
Slide the pizza off the peel and into your Ooni, making sure to rotate the pizza regularly. Once cooked, remove the pizza from the oven. Top with the lettuce and drizzle over the burger sauce.