Should you get the Brush or Brushless tool? Both Brush and Brushless battery powered tools provide excellent results but there are distinct differences between the two. Knowing these differences ensures you get the best tool for your project and budget.
- With no brushes rubbing against anything within the motor, brushless tools are more energy efficient which can improve run time by up to 50%.
- Brushless tools can adjust speed, torque and power supply to match the task at hand, allowing them to be more responsive.
- Less friction in brushless motors allows them to pack more power and torque.
- Brushless motors are smaller, which reduces the overall size of the tool.
- Less friction results in less wear and tear on the tool, which can extend its lifespan.
- Brushless tools tend to be more expensive than brush tools.