There are 4 important steps to freshening up your deck:
- Prepare the Deck Surface - Make sure your deck is free of rot, mildew, dirt and debris. Clean with a pressure washer and detergent if needed.
- Helpful Tips Before You Get Started
• Apply stain when the temperature is between 50˚F-90˚F
• Avoid applying in direct sunlight.
• Don’t apply if rain is in the forecast for the next 1-2 days.
• If you are using multiple gallons mix them to ensure consistency.
- How to Apply Stain - Heavily coat the open end grain of the boards. Brush 2-3 boards at a time with long smooth strokes.
- Avoid Lap Marks - Make sure that the leading edge is kept wet and that wet stain is brushed into wet stain.
Know before you go! Download our full materials checklist: