Beautify your yard and outdoor living area with a wide array of products, from Scotts, Ace, Milorganite, Safer Lawn, Bayer Advanced, Round Up and more. Great Lakes Ace will always offer expert advice on how much of a product to use and when to apply it. Visit us to get everything needed to prepare your lawn for the coming season!
Spring Lawn Fertilizers • Milorganite • Weeds and Plant Care • Shop
LAWN TIP: Feeding your lawns in the Spring strengthens roots, which is a good start before the heavy growing season. It's always a good rule of thumb to feed your lawn around the first time it needs to be mowed.
Scotts® 4-Step Annual Program Weed Control & Fertilizer
- Step 1 Early Spring (February–April) Prevents crabgrass & problem weeds
- Step 2 Late Spring (April–June) Kills dandelions and other broadleaf weeds. Builds thick green lawn.
- Step 3 Summer (June–August) Feeds and strengthens lawns against heat and drought. Won't burn lawn!
- Step 4 Early Fall (August–November) Builds stronger, deeper roots for winter. Thicker, greener lawn next spring.
Ace® 4-Step Annual Program
- CrabGrass Preventer With Fertlizer - Kills over 30 broadleaf weeds and grasses!
- Weed And Feed - Kills over 250 listed weeds*
- Lawn Fertilizer - For use on all grass varieties. Apply anytime during the growing season.
- Phosphorus Free Winterizer - Encourages earlier spring green up and builds strong roots.
We asked our EXPERTS:
What is Milorganite?
An organic nitrogen fertilizer composed primarily of heat dried microbes.
What is Milorganite used for?
Milorganite is an all-purpose fertilizer used on lawns, shrubs, trees, flowers, vegetables, and golf courses.
When can Milorganite be applied?
Milorganite can be applied any time during the growing season and it is suitable for any climate.
Does Milorganite need to be watered in to work?
No. It is not necessary to water in Milorganite for it to work. Milorganite does not contain any soluble salts (which can burn turf) but relies on natural microbes in the soil to break down nutrients. Watering in Milorganite will ensure that the fertilizer achieves soil contact earlier and speed up the fertilizing process, but it is not necessary.
Scotts® EdgeGaurd Turf Builder Mini Broadcast Spreader
- No assembly required
- Holds up to 5,000 sq. ft. of lawn product
Ace® Green Turf® Deluxe Broadcast Spreader
- High capacity
- Easy to use gauge and lever control
- Rust-proof hopper holds up to 65 lb. of lawn product
Scotts® Wiz Spreader
- Holds up to 2,500 sq. ft. of Scotts® lawn care products
- Exclusive Edge Guard and Handy Lock Technology.
- Battery-powered 5 ft. broadcast spreader
WEEDS AND PLANT CARE
1.1 Gal. Roundup Weed & Grass Killer
- Ready-to-Use rainproof in 10 minutes
- Klls the roots guaranteed
- Visible results in 3 hours.
1.33 Lb. Roundup Weed Killer For Lawns
- For use on Northern grasses
- Kills weeds, not the lawn.
- Starts working immediately.
Bayer Advanced® Lawn Weed & Grass Killer
- Kills dandelions, clover & nutgrass
- Won't harm lawns
Bonide® Rot Stop
- Tomato Blossom End Rot
- Helps correct calcium deficiencies
- Also use on cucumbers, melons and peppers
Sprinklers, Hoses And More!
Ace® Oscillating Sprinkler
- 3,200 sq. ft. Coverage
- Non-puddling motor
- Brass nozzles
Ace® Brand Gilmour 50' Flexogen Garden Hose
- Heavy-duty, cut resistant
- Full flow brass couplings
- Maximum kink resistance
Ace® 6 Cu. Ft. Steel Wheelbarrow
- Heavy gauge steel
- 1.5" red steel handles
- Double injected two tone grips.
- Anti-tilt legs.
- Full size 16" flat free tire